- 35 minPrep Time
- 2 hr 5 minCooking Time
2 Cups gluten free flour
1tsp baking powder
generous pinch of salt
3/4 Cup LRC unsalted butter, softened
1/2 Cup coconut sugar - or muscovado
1/2 Cup honey - or pure maple syrup
1 large free range egg
1/4tsp vanilla bean paste - or 1tsp vanilla extract
3/4C raisins or
1tsp ground ginger + 1/2C finely diced dried ginger or
1tsp ground cinnamon + 1/2tsp ground nutmeg
3/4C good quality dark chocolate chips
Makes approx. 24 cookies *gluten free - refined sugar free - nut free This wholesome cookie recipe is incredibly easy to adapt to what you have on hand, or what your little ones love! They are the perfect combination of light, chewy, crunchy and - giant! The dough will keep in the fridge for a few days and can be frozen for several months. Perfect for making ahead of time. Once cooked keep cookies in an airtight jar and eat within two days.
1. In a large mixing bowl add flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk to combine and set aside.
2. In a medium mixing bowl add butter, sugar and honey. Using a hand held blender, mix on high for several minutes, until the mix is light and creamy.
3. Add egg and vanilla to butter mixture and blend again to combine.
4. Add the blended mixture to the prepared dry ingredients. At this stage you can also add dried fruit, nuts, ground spices etc. to the maximum of 3/4C.
5. Fold mixture until well combined.
6. Place a honeywrap or length of plastic wrap onto bench and transfer 1/2 the mixture onto it. Create a tidy log approx. 10cm in diameter.
7. Gently fold the wrap over the mixture, pressing down to create an even round log. Tightly twist the edges to seal. Repeat with remaining dough.
8. Place the cookie dough into the fridge for at least 3 hours to set, or in the freezer for 1 hour if required.
9. When ready to cook, preheat oven to 180° and line a baking tray with baking paper.
10. Remove dough from fridge and use a sharp knife to slice 1cm discs. Leave plenty of room on the oven tray between each cookie (these tend to double in size!)
11. Place into preheated oven and cook for 12-14 minutes. Remove when golden brown on top and slightly soft to touch.
12. Allow cookies to completely cool on the tray.
13. Enjoy with a glass of Lewis Road Creamery milk!