Lewis Road Creamery Limited complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 (the Act) when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information.
This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
Changes to this policy
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto the website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy.
This policy was last updated on 15th February 2021.
Who do we collect your personal information from
We collect personal information about you from:
- you, when you provide that personal information to us, including via the website and any related service, including our social media (the ‘Platforms’), through any enquiry, registration, submission, application, survey or subscription process (whether through the Platforms or otherwise), through any contact with us (e.g. telephone call or email), or when you buy or use our services and products
- tracking your use of our Platforms, including the content you access and any services you utilise and information collected through automated technology as further detailed below
- third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available.>/li>
If possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
How we use your personal information
Your personal information may be used by us (and our employees, officers, agents, contractors and affiliates) for any purpose which is stated to you at the time of collection or that you otherwise authorise, and for the following purposes:
- to verify your identity
- to provide services, products and/or information you have requested to you
- to market our services and products to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by text or email for this purpose)
- to improve the services and products that we provide to you
- to communicate with you, including responding to a complaint
- to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis)
- to communicate and manage our relationships with stakeholders
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim, and to comply with our legal obligations
- for any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
Disclosing your personal information
We may disclose your personal information:
- within the Lewis Road Creamery organisation, including to another company within our group for the purposes set out above
- to third parties in accordance with the uses set out above
- to any business that supports our services and products, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide the Platforms or other services and products
- to a person who can require us to supply your personal information by law (e.g. a regulatory authority)
- to any person where we believe such disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law, facilitate court proceedings or to protect our rights;
- to any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency)
- to our affiliates, partners and advertisers by sharing aggregated demographic information about our user base
- to our contractors, suppliers and other third parties to enable them to provide services and products to us and you, including in relation to the Platforms
- to any other person authorised by you.
Consequences for failure to provide personal information
You may decide not to provide your personal information to us. However, if you do not provide it, we may not be able to provide you with the goods and services you have requested or access to the Platforms or certain parts of the Platforms, or you may not be able to fully utilise all of our products and services.
Automatic data collection technologies
Examples of this information include:
- website related traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data
- data related to your use of the Platforms. This includes the pages you visit, the resources and services that you access; the time you spend on each page, the date and time of your visit, referring pages (pages you came from or go to) and statistical and other aggregated data derived from your use of the Platforms
- information about your device, computer and network connection, including your IP address, operating system, hardware version and browser type
- if you allow our Platforms to deliver content based on your location (for example by enabling this feature on your mobile device) we may collect location data (such as through GPS, Bluetooth, or WiFi signals) including for the automated delivery of relevant content and advertising to you.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include log files, usage monitoring software and cookies, as outlined below.
Third-parties, advertising and third-party links
We may allow third-party companies to place ads and collect information when you visit our Platforms. This may include information that will not identify you personally (such as click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) and other information such as precise geo location and user device identification. This information is collected to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you.
Our Platforms include social media features such as the Facebook, twitter and Instagram widgets, and other interactive programs that run on our site. These features may collect your IP address, which pages you visit on our website, and how long for. If you’re a member of a social media site, the interfaces may allow the social media site to connect your visits to this site with other personal information. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Platforms. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy notice of the third party providing it and to the maximum extent permitted by law we accept no responsibility for the actions of those third parties.
Protecting your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting). We may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information or correcting that information.
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.
If you provide us with the names and contact details of any other people that you would like to have participate in our contests or promotions, we will also collect this information. You agree that you have their permission to provide us with this information and for us to use it for this purpose.
Commercial electronic messages