Chocolate Brownie Pudding
- 5 minPrep Time
- 45 minCooking Time
1/2 Cup cacao or cocoa powder
1/4 Cup plain flour
3/4 Cup unrefined brown or raw sugar
2 eggs, at room temperature
1 t Vanilla extract
115 grams Lewis Road Creamery Unsalted Butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
250ml dark chocolate
250ml Lewis Road Creamery Organic Single or Double Cream
Top off with a generous scoop of Lewis Road Creamery Premium Chocolate Ice Cream!
If you cook slightly longer than the suggested time, this will result in a firmer, more brownie, less pudding-like consistency.
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius. Generously grease a 2 cup baking dish OR a cupcake baking dish (for individual servings) and set aside.
2. Sift together the cacao or cocoa powder and flour into a medium sized bowl; set aside.
3. In a stand mixer, or using a handheld electric mixer, beat the sugar and eggs on medium-high speed until very pale and light yellow, 5 or so minutes.
4. Reduce the mixer speed to low and add the vanilla extract and the cocoa & flour mixture, mixing only until combined. Whilst still on low speed, slowly pour in the melted butter and mix again until just combined.
5. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish or cupcake dish, and place into a larger baking pan. Add enough hot tap water to come halfway up the sides of the baking dish.
6. Bake for 40 minutes, testing with a toothpick. It should come out with a few crumbs attached and the centre will appear under-baked. Remove the baking dish from the larger pan and place on a wire rack to cool.
7. Serve at room temperature with a generous drizzle of Lewis Road Organic Single or Double Cream, which is the perfect partner for this decadent dessert!
8. Leftovers (We highly doubt you'll have any!) should be stored, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
1. Bring Organic Single or Double Cream to a simmer at low heat on stove top, stirring occasionally.
2. Melt in chocolate with the cream slowly, still on low heat.
3. Once it's at a smooth and velvety consistency, pour over your pudding!