- 30 minPrep Time
- 5 minCooking Time
1/2C buckwheat flour + 1/2C white rice flour (or 1C of your preferred flour)
1tsp baking powder
1tbsp coconut sugar - could also use muscovado
3/4C non homogonised Lewis Road milk
1 large free range egg
1/4tsp vanilla bean paste
Lewis Road lightly salted butter, to cook
Serve with Lewis Road single cream, whipped, pure maple syrup, or your favourite fresh seasonal fruit: banana, berries, or mango!
*gluten free - refined sugar free - nut free
These wholesome pikelets are wonderful served on a large platter - with dollops of whipped cream, a drizzle of maple syrup and fresh, seasonal fruits - the perfect shared morning tea!
1. Place flour, baking powder and coconut sugar into a medium sized mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
2. Create a small well in the dry mixture.
3. Pour in milk, egg and vanilla.
4. Whisk mixture until well combined, thick and glossy.
5. Using a heavy frying pan over a medium to high heat, add 1 teaspoon of butter and allow it to melt and sizzle.
6. Spoon in heaped tablespoons of the mixture and cook on the first side until you notice bubbles forming on the top.
7. Carefully flip and cook for a further few minutes, until golden brown.
8. Transfer onto a plate lined with a paper towel.
9. Serve warm, or cool with oodles of whipped cream and your favourite toppings!